Sunday, February 28, 2010

Way to Go Canada!



The last 17 days I have been watching the television intently. Sometimes jumping off the couch cheering, sometimes yelling and even became choked up on a few occasions. The 2010 Vancouver Olympics was amazing for so many reasons. Records, joy, disappointment, tragedy all played their roles in making this a memorable Olympics but what made it even more exciting for me was the sense of pride that I have witnessed by so many Canadians. Canadians came together for something so positive. I can't remember a time where I have seen so many Canadian flags waving in our city, on cars, in windows and off buildings. I also can't recall a time when so many people have proudly worn Canada across their chests, on their heads and in many cases even on their faces. These Olympics didn't just make us cheer for sport, but made us remember to be proud to be Canadian. Lets hope the continues far beyond these Olympics. Go Canada!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome post Mr.M, I also watched some of the Olympics,they were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you reply make sure it is your feelings on the topic of the post not just "Good Post".
    -Mr.M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Canada has like 10 medals. I'm planning to watch some it this week! I hope we get more medals. GO CANADA!!!!!!! :) By the way, great post, so emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post mr.m very well told.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome post dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched most of the events in the olympics and they were excellent! I agree with this blog. When we won that hockey game against the US that made me feel like a proud Canadian, after we won 14 Gold medals it showed other countries what we are made of!
    -Derek Churchill

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Olympics were awesome!!! My favorite part of the Olympics was the hockey......GOLD METAL BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Canada did really well getting 14 gold medals and they did well in hockey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a really enjoyed watching the olympics. I watched it everyday and now I'm sad that its over. On the last hockey game, my aunt and i were shouting and screaming, and next thing you know, we won! GO CANADA GO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the Post Mr.Mousseau!
    Did you see the game on Sunday ?
    Pretty intense, I was so happy when we won in overtime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool post Mr.M. I think that Canada is really having it's chance to shine during these Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with your post Mr M. I am extremly pround to be a Canadian. My t.v. was only on the Olymics for 17 days straight. I think I watched a bit of every sport and had a smile on my face the whole time. I know the neighboors heard me when we one the gold medals for both women ans mens hockey. It was a awesome experince for Canada and I will hold my head high!!

    ReplyDelete