Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Letter To Santa Assignment

santa-reading.gif


Santa is a figure of hope and good will that fulfills wishes to people around the world. You are to write a letter to Santa to fulfill a wish.

Your letter should include:
1. An introduction: greeting, connection, small talk.
2. Your wish (tangible or intangible, as we discussed in class).
3. Justification for your wish (supports).
4. Closing/Conclusion

*make sure you use proper letter format
* Be creative and have fun.
The following is an example.

Dear Santa,

I hope I’m not writing too late this year. I know that you are very busy. But I wanted to get my letter to you so you’d know I hadn’t forgotten. It’s been a long time since I’ve written to you, but I still think of you this time of year and enjoy seeing your helpers around town. This year, I get to be one, too, but just for a little while. Your red suit fits a little too well and I need to do something about that.

I’ve been very good this year. I work hard and I think I’m doing good work, too. I think I’ve been better this year than I have in a long time.

You know what I’d really like this year for Christmas? Yes, I need socks and a new sweater, but I’d really love a new remote for the theater. I’m the only one who can operate it now that I can’t program the old one anymore, and I have to sit there with a lap full of remotes. I’d really like one that I could program to do everything and make it easy for the girls or Diane to use, too. But anything you can think of will be fine.

Have a safe trip, Santa. I’ll leave a plate of cookies out for you again this year.

Love,

Randy

There’s still time to get your letter in the mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment